Thursday, July 18, 2013

There is just no point in continuing

It is simply unhealthy for me to continue to blog about something that is over. I have moved on. It's just not healthy for me anymore. Maybe I will start writing a blog one day about how difficult it is to co-parent with a sociopath. Sex Addiction - whether male or female - is a terrible addiction. As an innocent spouse it can be devastating. I gave my new partner HPV thanks to my ex who did even have the guts to let me know she had contracted it. Once again, narcissistic behavior. I could never forgive myself for transferring this virus to her and allowing myself to contract it. Simply put, being a partner of a sex addict is now in my past. I'm in a healthy and happy relationship with an amazing and wonderful woman of great moral character and family values. Someone who has earned my trust and respect as I have earned hers. It's not fair to me (or her) that this my horrible past gets triggered by me checking and posting on this blog. I am on a new path - a path of happiness and joy. When I was truly struggling this blog help me express my feelings and deal (in a public yet anonymous way) with my struggles. I will keep it up in hopes other partners of sex addicts find comfort, background, support and information in it. I will no longer be posting or linking from Google+. I wish all my readers health and happiness. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but I truly believe sex addiction can not be treated enough for the behavior to stop - it is just too engrained in the addict. Sadly, I feel by staying the a relationship with one you are wasting your time and not coming to grips with reality: that your partner will not stay sober and will continue to act out despite every good intention that you have to support them. In my case, it was a waste of time, energy and health. I was stupidly naive. I'm glad, even grateful, I shed the sex addict in my life. Quite simply, I am much, much, much better for it. I'm 47 and looking forward to the next chapter in my life and leaving the past behind. Thank you all for reading and trying to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment