Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Learning New Terms and Their Meanings......

If you're in a relationship or married to a female sex addict, have you heard any of these before:

  • An emotional affair is not infidelity
  • Facebook is not a distraction. It's just me reconnecting with old friends.
  • Sexting is OK and long as my husband does not find out.
  • I just set up the email address for fun because I had time to kill
  • We just met for coffee.
  • We just had lunch, nothing else
  • I don't know why he texted me in the middle of the night when you were out of town?
  • I don't know how to video chat
  • I'm just a love addict and need attention. That's all.
  • How long have your been married? Her response: 14 tears, in mean years.
  • I never thought of making him use protection but neither did he.
  • I am not ignoring the kids and their needs.
  • Sexual fantasy
  • Acting out
  • It's not about the sex....
  • These guys never made me organism
  • But I never dressed up in lingerie for them
  • We had sex in the car
  • We had sex in the woods
  • I don't remember the name of the hotel
  • I had the most magical weekend of my life
  • He was/is the love of my life. (Not me by the way)
  • I never took off my wedding ring, unless I was on the hunt for guys.
  • But he's your son's baseball coach!
  • I don't think I'm pregnant?
  • I really do miss him. I totally blew it when I called his wife.
  • No strings attached sex.
  • I got scared when he told me he had herpes just before we about to have sex....but he's turning away just the person that could be perfect for him.
  • I don't remember anything.
  • Don't go there.
  • Just tell everyone that I'm taking care of a sick relative and you're not sure when I will be back.
  • I am not a Narcissist
  • I needed the hit. It's the high.
  • You won't understand, you're not an addict.
  • Don't ask me what I did.
  • Qualifiers
  • I had unattainable partners.
  • I think all these guys were sex addicts too.
  • Withdrawal
  • 90 days of sexual abstinence
  • Post Traumatic Infidelity Stress Disorder
  • Shame
  • Guilt
  • Pain
  • Fear
  • I thought I told you about him.
  • It's called mood disorder. The doctor says I'm not bi-polar.
  • When will the lies stop?
  • I swear I never told them I loved them (lie) but all them said they loved me.
  • Which is better SLAA or SA?
  • Are they married too?  What do their wives think? Do they even know?
  • Healthy boundaries
  • I did not spend any of our money
  • I have to see my doctor for two sessions a week
  • I have to go to my meeting tonight. You'll have to watch the kids.
  • We'll just tell the kids that I'm depressed and I'm getting help to make me feel better.
  • It was just sex. Don't expect me to do any of those things with you. That was the addict in me and you don't want me to be back in addict mode.
  • I can't find a female sponsor that isn't a sexual anorexia
Have you read, heard or concluded any other explanations, excuses or addict terms from your partner. Please share them in comments. It helps for us "normies" to hear and vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment